Selecting Service Contractors - VIRTUAL CLASS - 4/4/23
This class will be conducted VIRTUALLY through Zoom on 4/4/23 from 8:30am - 2:30pm CST. There will be an optional 30-minute study period followed by an hour for the exam. Those that are recertifying, not taking the exam or taking the course as not part of the CEM program will end their day at 2:30pm CST.
You are required to read the workbook before class. It is located under the “Workbook” tab.
You must have a webcam to take this class.
A successful exhibition or event is often produced by the efforts of multiple service providers. A substantial portion of the exhibition or event organizer’s responsibility is to evaluate, source, and contract for the services and products needed to produce a successful event.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Explain the role and responsibilities of the official service contractor (OSC)
- Identify the purpose and types of specialty contractors
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an exhibitor-appointed contractor (EAC)
- Determine criteria to be used for selecting service contractors through the Request for Proposal (RFP) process
- Discuss the importance of identifying who handles what service and how this can impact services or costs
- Articulate how local labor regulations impact events, including labor rights and labor laws