Exhibition and Event Sales - Expo! Expo! Dallas, TX - 12/4/23
This course will be held before Expo! Expo! in Dallas, TX on 12/4/23 from 8:30am - 3:00pm EST. There will be an optional 30-minute study period followed by an hour for the exam. Those that are recertifying, not taking the exam or taking the course as not part of the CEM program will end their day at 3:00pm CST. You must read the workbook ahead of class.
In order to ensure the success of an event or exhibition, there are vital elements involved in the planning process that should be conducted from the ground up. No matter how successful or well respected an exhibition may be, it should be presented as if it were a first-time event – it is the marketing and selling equivalent of zero-based budgeting. This involves highlighting an event’s features and benefits, understanding the phases of the sales cycle and the need to support sales efforts with the appropriate tools and resources, and preparing the exhibition prospectus in a comprehensive and engaging way.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify and describe the key steps in the sales cycle
- Describe the exhibition sales process
- Understand partnership and sponsorship sale process
- Explain the importance of relationship selling in the sales process
- Identify different pricing strategies
- Develop an international sales strategy
- Explain the importance of providing exhibitors, partners, and sponsors with measurable ROI