Event Operations – On-Location – 5/11/23 – IAEE Central TX Chapter, Visit Austin Office (CVB)
- Registration Closed
This course is co-located with the IAEE Central TX Chapter and will take place at the Visit Austin Office (CVB) at 111 Congress, Suite 700, Austin, TX 78701 from 8:30am CST – 3:00pm CST.
You must read the workbook ahead of class.
Producing successful exhibitions often hinges upon the proper management of logistics. Every event contains thousands of details that must be processed logically, sequentially and precisely. While managing logistics well is essential, exhibitions are intended primarily to bring buyers and sellers together in an environment that is conducive to their respective objectives. All of the stakeholders of an exhibition must communicate effectively before, during and after the event to ensure its success. Event operations focuses on the unique role of the exhibition organizer and his/her team in orchestrating all of the elements.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify teams for event and project timelines for key stakeholders
- Establish show rules and regulations and their enforcement on-site
- Develop a plan to manage the on-site exhibition operations
- Explain the components of on-site communications
- Identify the exhibition cycle phases
- Review the roles of the on-site exhibition team, including staff and vendors
- Evaluate the overall on-site operations
- Conduct a post-event analysis