Consumer Show Management - VIRTUAL CLASS - 6/20/23
- Non-member - $440
- Member - $299
- Freeman Member - $239.20
This class will be conducted VIRTUALLY through Zoom on 6/20/23 from 8:30am - 2:30pm CST. There will be an optional 30-minute study period followed by an hour for the exam. Those that are recertifying, not taking the exam or taking the course as not part of the CEM program will end their day at 2:30pm CST.
You are required to read the workbook before class. It is located under the “Workbook” tab.
You must have a webcam to take this class.
Consumer (public) shows are exhibitions and events in which companies in a specific industry can showcase and demonstrate their latest products, services and activities to public consumers. Consumer show organizers must possess a working knowledge of the activities and functions related to consumer shows and master the skills to address this different set of logistics than those related solely to the management of a private trade show or event. This program provides attendees with the skills necessary to effectively produce a successful consumer show.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Recognize the role of consumer shows within the greater exhibition industry
- Describe how consumer shows differ from other shows
- Explain the difference between horizontal and vertical exhibitions
- Indicate key elements required for planning public events
- Indicate key elements required for managing public events
- Describe differences between marketing and sales
- Describe the elements of a marketing plan