Event Marketing – On-Location – 10/16/23 – IMEX America
This course will take place on 10/16/23 before IMEX America at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV from 8:30am PST – 3:00pm PST.
You must read the workbook ahead of class.
Marketing is not an exact science. It includes a number of strategies and tactics that are constantly evolving so they can address changing social, cultural and economic circumstances effectively. The creation of a marketing plan that includes core practices as well as new ideas, innovations and unique points of view allows for the creation of an exhibition that may have begun as just a concept. The goal of an exhibition is to provide an appropriate environment in which buyers and sellers can come together face to face. Today’s technology increasingly permits the show organizer to extend the useful life of an exhibition by employing digital tools, thus further enriching the show experience.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Define marketing, explain the difference between the marketing and sales functions
- Identify the elements of a marketing plan
- Describe market segmentation, define target markets and explain how to reach global audiences
- Review event evaluation processes and discuss the importance of establishing benchmarks to measure goal attainment
- Explain the benefits of developing omnichannel marketing and content management strategies
- Discuss the forms of sponsorship and promotional opportunities associated with exhibitions and events
- Use data analytics to determine Return on Investment (ROI) of partnerships, sponsorships and marketing campaigns