Digital Events Management - VIRTUAL CLASS - 3/23/23
This class will be conducted VIRTUALLY through Zoom on 3/23/23 from 8:30am - 2:30pm CST. There will be an optional 30-minute study period followed by an hour for the exam. Those that are recertifying, not taking the exam or taking the course as not part of the CEM program will end their day at 2:30pm CST.
You are required to read the workbook before class. It is located under the “Workbook” tab.
You must have a webcam to take this class.
Digital events can be a key element of a company’s omnichannel offerings as an alternate method of bringing event attendees together virtually. By leveraging various virtual tools and platforms, event and exhibition professionals can create experiences that engage and expand a company’s digital footprint and connect individuals anywhere in the world. Whatever the purpose, there are similarities between in-person and digital—as well as many differences, with the common goal of bringing everyone together.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify different types of digital events
- Learn the basics of building a basic digital event strategy
- Understand the elements and processes for designing and delivering a digital event
- Determine all key stakeholders when developing a virtual event
- Identify key criteria to include in a request for proposal for a virtual event
- Explore the role of using live and/or pre-recorded content for a virtual event
- Identify digital and virtual event platforms to use in delivering virtual events