Conference and Meeting Management - VIRTUAL CLASS - 2/29/24
- Registration Closed
This class will be conducted VIRTUALLY through Zoom on 2/29/24 from 8:30am - 2:30pm CST. There will be an optional 30-minute study period followed by an hour for the exam. Those that are recertifying, not taking the exam or taking the course as not part of the CEM program will end their day at 2:30pm CST.
You are required to read the workbook before class. It is located under the “Workbook” tab.
You must have a webcam to take this class.
While planning and managing exhibitions and meetings share some common aspects, competent planning and management of meetings requires special knowledge and skills. Exhibition managers may be called upon to work closely with their organization’s meeting and education manager and should be knowledgeable about the essential aspects of meetings in all of their various formats.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify different types of events and meetings
- Compare education and programming formats
- Explain adult learning theory
- Select appropriate speakers for a program
- List common event space set-ups based on meeting type and size
- Describe basic requirements for conference related housing, travel and transportation
- Prepare Event Specification Guides and Function Set-up Orders
- Organize ADA- compliant and accessible meetings (U.S. only)