Selecting Service Contractors Online - 21 April - 19 May 2020
A successful exhibition or event is produced by the mutual efforts of multiple entities, many of which exist outside the sponsoring organization. A substantial portion of the exhibition or event organizer’s responsibility is to shop the industry for services and products needed and to contract for those services and products.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Explain the role of the official service contractor (OSC)
- Describe the responsibilities of the OSC
- Create criteria used in selecting service contractors for the exhibition or event
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an exhibitor-appointed contractor (EAC)
- Discuss the importance of identifying who handles what service and how this can impact services or costs
- Identify the purpose and types of specialty contractors
Troy Love, CTA, CMP, CEM, has over 25 years of experience in the hospitality industry, including nine years at the helm of a casino organization. He holds a B.S. in Social Science and an M.S. in Tourism Management. Troy is also a CMP (Certified Meeting Professional), CTA (Certified Tourism Ambassador) and a CEM (Certified in Exhibition Management). He currently works for the San Antonio Convention & Visitors Bureau.