Selecting Service Contractors - CEM WEEK PALM BEACH, FL - 8/9/2021
This course is part of CEM Week in Palm Beach, FL and will be held from 8:30am - 4:30pm EST.
You must read the workbook ahead of class.
A successful exhibition or event is produced by the mutual efforts of multiple entities, many of which exist outside the sponsoring organization. A substantial portion of the exhibition or event organizer’s responsibility is to shop the industry for services and products needed and to contract for those services and products.
After completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Differentiate between the types of facilities that host exhibitions
- Explain the role of the official service contractor (OSC)
- Describe the responsibilities of the OSC
- Create criteria used in selecting service contractors for the exhibition or event
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an exhibitor-appointed contractor (EAC)
- Discuss the importance of identifying who handles what service and how this can impact services or costs
- Identify the purpose and types of specialty contractors
In 2020, Catherine Mellett founded JerseyCat Productions, LLC, a company dedicated in understanding the complexities and strategic challenges facing the restart in the live events / tradeshow sector by providing executed solutions. Uncomplicate the complicated by contracting a partner with a strategic accomplished and result driven record on a project basis no matter the size.
Has a demonstrated history of working in the events services industry on a national platform. Freeman employee from 1993 -2020 in NY/NY; Southern California; Chicago Corporate; Reed Exhibition, CT in-house liaison. Special productions: The Smithsonian 150th Anniversary road tour (1997): Republican National Convention (1996; 2000; 2004; 2008 & 2012).
Catherine is a member of the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE); Certification in Event Management (CEM); is a CEM Faculty member and certified NCTMB.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|