Housing and Registration Management - CEM WEEK PALM BEACH, FL - 8/12/2021
This course is part of CEM Week in Palm Beach, FL and will be held from 8:30am - 4:30pm EST.
You must read the workbook ahead of class.
Today’s exhibition manager has more to do than simply manage an exhibition. In reality, an exhibition manager is responsible for several crucial service-related elements. Two of the service fundamentals inherent in most events are arranging for accommodations for guests (“housing”) and identifying which guests will be allowed access to which portion of an event (“registration”). Planning must begin early to ensure housing and registration are easily accessed and do not become a hindrance to attending the event.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
· Identify key elements of planning and managing registration and housing
· Describe differences between exhibitors and attendees in housing needs and booking habits
· Describe differences in registration policies and processes for exhibitors and attendees
· Analyze criteria to select a housing and registration provider(s)
· Effectively use housing and registration terminology
· Evaluate housing and registration event management options
· Develop basic housing and registration planning timelines
· Demonstrate knowledge of financial and contractual commitments in order to secure room blocks
LeeAnn Norton, CEM, joined Connex (formerly PRSM) in 2014 as Director of Vendor Relations & Events and was responsible for overall management of the Facility Management shows in the US and Canada. She is currently the COO at PRSM. With over 20 years in show management experience, LeeAnn has served on various IAEE Committees, including serving as the current Chairperson of the CEM Commission, was appointed the Krakoff Leadership Representative on the IAEE Board of Directors, has been a speaker/panelist for IAEE, is a current CEM Faculty member, and has served on numerous industry advisory boards. Along with IAEE, other professional affiliations include ASAE, DFWAE, and MPI. She received her CEM in 2012 and graduated from the IAEE Krakoff Leadership Institute in 2013.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|