Floor Plan Development - CEM WEEK ORLANDO, FL - 8/31/22
This course is part of CEM Week and will take place on 8/31/22 from 8:30am EST – 3:00pm EST. Those staying to take the exam will have an optional 30-minute study period followed by an hour for the exam. *CEMs who are recertifying and those not taking the course as part of the CEM program will be finished at 3:00pm EST.
COURSE DESCRIPTION:A well-designed floor plan or layout is critical to the success of an exhibition or event. The floor plan is a schematic drawing of the exhibit hall or event venue that includes the booths/stands available for rent to the exhibitors, facility physical features, official areas (such as registration) and other feature areas that become the exhibition marketplace. In a rapidly changing business environment, a floor plan must meet the logistical needs of exhibitors and sponsors and the shopping habits of attendees with sufficient flexibility to adjust for growth or consolidation.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Analyze an exhibition’s target market and industry segment to develop a floor plan, meeting both exhibitor and attendee needs
- Create a floor plan that incorporates the unique features of a venue or facility
- Identify the primary factors necessary to create a functional and workable floor plan that meets the sales goals and objectives, and needs of exhibitors and show management
- Evaluate technology options and tools to maximize sales and sponsorships
- Incorporate fire and safety codes and local regulations into the floor plan
- Explain both fire and safety codes, and security and safety issues, as they relate to floor plan development
- Define elements of a successful floor plan
- Analyze and evaluate past and current floor plans to identify sources of improvement and enhancements to future floor plans
- Identify the most common booths/stands used in a typical floor plan
- Identify factors that impact traffic flow on a floor plan
- Identify various space assignment systems and how they affect the design of a floor plan
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|