Facilities and Site Selection - On-Location - 8/26/20 -CEM Week Baltimore, MD
Site selection includes the process of choosing both a location and a facility for an exhibition or event. Site selection is a crucial first step in producing a successful exhibition or event. It consists of advanced detailed planning, including access for attendees with disabilities, organizational goals and objectives, and exhibitor needs and transportation. The exhibition organizer should give careful consideration to all factors that could impact the exhibition’s growth and, ultimately, the need for more space.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Differentiate between the types of facilities that host exhibitions
- Select an appropriate facility type based on the needs of the exhibition
- Explain the similarities and differences between U.S. and non-U.S. facilities
- Recognize the value of understanding and articulating the economic impact of the exhibition on the host city
- Identify potential revenue streams for exhibition facilities
- Differentiate between the site-selection process and site inspections
- Discuss the importance of both strategic and operational aspects of site selection
- Identify members of the site-selection committee
- Evaluate the key aspects of the potential destination and site in terms of the initial site visit
- Discuss the key components of conducting a site visit
Michelle Monterferrante, CEM
Vice President, Client Solutions – Exhibit Program, Freeman
Michelle Monteferrante, CEM is currently Vice President, Client Solutions – Exhibit Program for Freeman, based at the Dallas, Texas branch. She received her B.S in Hospitality Management from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She began her career in the hotel field with a position at the Sheraton Corporation as a Corporate Trainee. This started a 10+ year career in various hotel locations/companies around the United States in the sales management field. After the hotel phase of her career, she moved to back to Las Vegas to pursue a new direction in her career by working at the Sand Expo & Convention Center in Event Space Sales. One year later, this position spring boarded her into yet another phase of the hospitality industry, working within the trade show industry for Freeman in Sales.