Conference and Meeting Management - On-Location - 12/13/22 - Expo! Expo!
Learning has become a vital part of most meetings, events and exhibitions. Whether formal, such as credit granting continuing education programs, training sessions or seminars, or informal, such as exhibitor-provided demonstrations, presentations or networking, they add significant value to the face-to-face experience. While planning and managing exhibitions and meetings share some common aspects, competent planning and management of meetings requires special knowledge and skills. Exhibition managers may be called upon to work closely with their organization’s meeting and education manager and should be knowledgeable about the essential aspects of meetings in all of their various formats.
After completing this course, the participant should be able to:
- Identify different types of meetings
- Compare education and programming formats
- Explain adult learning theory
- Select appropriate speakers for a program
- List common room set-ups based on meeting type and size
- Describe basic requirements for conference related housing, travel and transportation
- Prepare Event Specification Guides and Function Set-up Orders
- Develop strategies for environmentally friendly meetings and events
- Organize ADA- compliant and accessible meetings (U.S. only)
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|